Submitted by Christian J. Feldbacher-Escamilla (University of Cologne).
Call for Registrations
WORKSHOP on “New Work on Induction and Abduction”
DFG-funded research group Inductive Metaphysics
DATE & ACCESS
September 29-30, 2021. This is an online-event (Zoom). Further instructions and access information will be sent to registered participants one week ahead of the event.
- Atocha Aliseda Llera (Mexico City)
- Alexandros Apostolidis (Athens)
- Stephen Biggs (Iowa)
- Elke Brendel (Bonn)
- Adam Carter (Glasgow)
- Igor Douven (Paris)
- Christian J. Feldbacher-Escamilla (Cologne)
- Ilkka Niiniluoto (Helsinki)
- John Norton (Pittsburgh)
- Stathis Psillos (Athens)
- Oliver R. Scholz (Muenster)
- Gerhard Schurz (Duesseldorf)
- Ansgar Seide (Muenster)
- Chrysovalantis Stergiou (Athens)
- Paul Thorn (Duesseldorf)
- Jessica Wilson (Toronto)
AIMS & SCOPE
This workshop aims at bringing together scholars from the field of inductive and abductive reasoning. It will focus on discussing the following four recent monographs: Igor Douven’s “The theory and Practice of Abduction” (forthcoming), Ilkka Niiniluotto’s “Truth-Seeking by Abduction” (2018), John Norton’s “The Material Theory of Induction” (2021), and Gerhard Schurz’ “Hume’s Problem Solved” (2019). Each of these monographs will be discussed in form of a comprehensive comment as well as replies and reflections by the authors. The workshop will also host specialist talks from leading scholars in this field of research.
For details of the programme, please see our website https://dclps.phil.hhu.de/inab/.
Attending the workshop is free of charge.
REGISTRATION & ORGANISATION
- Please register via the online registration form at our website: https://dclps.phil.hhu.de/inab/.
- The deadline for registrations is September 20, 2021.
- Organisation: Christian J. Feldbacher-Escamilla (Cologne), Oliver R. Scholz (Muenster), Gerhard Schurz (Duesseldorf), Ansgar Seide (Muenster), and Maria Sekatskaya (Duesseldorf)
- If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The workshop is supported by the DFG-funded research group Inductive Metaphysics: https://indmet.weebly.com.