Submitted by Vera Hoffmann-Kolss (University of Bern).
Postdoc position (75%), Institute of Philosophy, University of Bern
The Institute of Philosophy at the University of Bern (Logic and Theoretical Philosophy Division, Prof. Dr. Vera Hoffmann-Kolss) invites applications for a postdoc position (75%, for 3 years) to begin January 2020 (or later). The successful applicant is expected to carry out an independent research project on a topic in metaphysics or philosophy of mind and to teach three classes per year.
The successful applicant will
- have an excellent PhD in philosophy and a strong background in metaphysics,
philosophy of mind or philosophy of science
- be able to carry out research at an internationally competitive level
- have very good writing and presentation skills in English
- be able to teach classes in German
- have a strong interest in organizing and participating in conferences, workshops and meetings
Your application should include
- a letter of motivation
- your CV
- academic certificates
- a letter of recommendation (e.g. by your PhD supervisor)
- a writing sample in English (not exceeding 10,000 words).
The University of Bern is particularly interested in applications from female candidates for this position and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. Applications from disabled candidates will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application documents as a single pdf to Prof. Dr. Vera Hoffmann-Kolss (email@example.com) by November 17, 2019. For further information please contact Vera Hoffmann-Kolss.