Submitted by Vera Hoffmann-Kolss (University of Bern).
PhD position (65%), Institute of Philosophy, University of Bern
The Institute of Philosophy at the University of Bern (Logic and Theoretical Philosophy Division, Prof. Dr. Vera Hoffmann-Kolss) invites applications for a PhD position (65%, for 3 years) to begin January 2020 (or later). The successful applicant is expected to carry out a PhD project on a topic in metaphysics or philosophy of mind.
The successful applicant will
- have an excellent master’s degree in philosophy (or an equivalent qualification) and an interest in metaphysics, philosophy of mind or philosophy of science; knowledge of the philosophical debate on causation is an advantage, but not mandatory
- have very good writing and presentation skills in English
- have a strong interest in organizing and participating in conferences, workshops and meetings
Your application should include
- a letter of motivation
- your CV
- academic certificates
- a letter of recommendation
- a writing sample (not exceeding 10,000 words)
The University of Bern is particularly interested in applications from female candidates for this position and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. Applications from disabled candidates will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application documents as a single pdf to Prof. Dr. Vera Hoffmann-Kolss (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 17, 2019. For further information please contact Vera Hoffmann-Kolss.