We are delighted to announce the speakers for Sessions 3 & 4 of The Statistics Wars and Their Casualties workshop (https://phil-stat-wars.com).
Session 3 (Moderator: Daniël Lakens, Eindhoven University of Technology)
- Daniele Fanelli (London School of Economics and Political Science) The neglected importance of complexity in statistics and Metascience (Abstract)
- Stephan Guttinger (University of Exeter) What are questionable research practices? (Abstract)
- David J. Hand (Imperial College, London) What’s the question? (Abstract)
Session 4 (Moderator: Deborah Mayo, Virginia Tech)
- Jon Williamson (University of Kent) Causal inference is not statistical inference (Abstract)
- Margherita Harris (London School of Economics and Political Science) On Severity, the Weight of Evidence, and the Relationship Between the Two (Abstract)
- Aris Spanos (Virginia Tech) Revisiting the Two Cultures in Statistical Modeling and Inference as they relate to the Statistics Wars and Their Potential Casualties (Abstract)
- Uri Simonsohn (Esade Ramon Llull University) Mathematically Elegant Answers to Research Questions No One is Asking (meta-analysis, random effects models, and Bayes factors) (Abstract)
To register for the workshop, please fill out the form at this link. (If you registered for the first half of the workshop, you do not need to register again.)
We would be very grateful if you would forward this e-mail to interested colleagues.
If there are questions, please contact: