Submitted by Deniz Sarikaya (University of Hamburg).
Online Workshop on Disagreement in Mathematics
June 19-20 – 2pm until 7pm (CET)
In preparation for a special issue of AXIOMATHES, This workshop explores disagreements in mathematical practices. During the workshop, mathematicians will give first-hand reports on their experiences and philosophers and historians will engage with questions of consensus, disagreement, and ethics in mathematics.
For more information about the AXIOMATHES SI see here: http://resources.illc.uva.nl/LogicList/newsitem.php?id=10432. Deadline for the CfP is 15 Aug 2021.
- Andrew Aberdein (Florida Institute of Technology)
- Paul Ernest (University of Exeter)
- Eugene Hunsicker (University of Loughborough)
- Benedikt Löwe (Amsterdam, Cambridge and Hamburg)
- Graham Priest (CUNY Graduate Center & University of Melbourne)
- Henrik Kragh Sørensen (University of Copenhagen)
- Roy Wagner (ETH Zurich)
The titles of the talks will be released on the project’s web site shortly.
Registration is free but required before June 10 via this link: https://disinmath.wordpress.com/registration/
Colin J. Rittberg (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam & Vrije Universiteit Brussel) and Deniz Sarikaya (Universität Hamburg)
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com