Submitted by Cord Friebe (University of Siegen).
Call for Application: Researcher
The University of Siegen is a modern university with an international orientation and a focus on interdisciplinary research. It currently has around 18,000 students and covers a range of research fields from the humanities, social and economic sciences to natural sciences, engineering and life sciences. With over 2,000 employees, the university is one of the largest employers in the region and offers a unique environment for teaching, study, research and knowledge transfer.
In the Faculty I: School of Arts and Humanities, Department of Philosophy, we are looking for a postdoctoral researcher as of the 01.10.2022 at the following conditions:
- 100% = 39, 83
- Pay grade 13 TV-L
- limited 30.09.2026
- Design and development of a research project about ‘Kant on Cognitive Science/Artificial Intelligence’
- Publication of research results in relevant international journals
- Conception, and organization of international conferences, workshops and data sprints
- Teaching duties: 4 semester hours per week
- PhD in Philosophy
- Research interest both in Kant and in Cognitive Science/Artificial Intelligence
- Relevant publications and conference presentations (at least to a classical author, and at least to the current philosophy of mind)
- Experience in organizing workshops and conferences
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary cooperation
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, very good communication skills
- Knowledge of German is desirable
- Promotion of own scientific or artistic qualification according to the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz [act on temporary employment in higher education] (e.g. habilitation)
Our range of services:
- Diverse opportunities to take on responsibility and make a visible contribution in the research and teaching environment
- A modern understanding of leadership and collaboration
- Good work-life balance, for example, through flexible working hours and work location, as well as support with child care
- Extensive personnel development program
- Health management with a wide range of prevention and counseling services.
We look forward to receiving your application by 31th July. Please apply exclusively via our job portal (https://jobs.uni-siegen.de). Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications in writing or by e-mail.
Your contact person:
Prof. Dr. Cord Friebe
Equal opportunities and diversity are promoted and embodied at the University of Siegen. The advertisement is explicitly addressed to people of all genders; applications from women will be given special consideration in accordance with the State Equal Opportunities Act. We also welcome applications from people with different personal, social, and cultural backgrounds, people with severe disabilities, and people of equal status.