The conference will be held at the “Conti-Campus” of Leibniz University of Hannover, Building 1502 (the “Conti-Hochhaus”), Königsworther Platz 1, 30167 Hannover. The venue is within a 15-20 min walking distance from the city center.
The conference desk, coffee breaks and book exhibit will be located on the 14th floor. The sessions will take place in lecture rooms located on the ground, first, fourth and seventh floors.
A map of Hannover showing the university’s buildings can be found here. Building 1502 is in map square F5.
Arrival by air
Arriving at Hannover-Langenhagen Airport, take the S5 train (“S-Bahn”) in the direction of Bad Pyrmont to Hannover main train station (Hannover Hbf). There is a train every half hour, departing at 6 minutes after the half and the whole hour. The journey to Hannover main train station takes approx. 20 minutes. You can buy a ticket (about 3 Euro one-way) from the machines on the platform. Please don’t forget to validate the ticket in the small blue machines before getting on the train! At the main train station, you will have to change to the tram/subway in order to get to the conference venue – see “arrival by train”. Airport information can be found here.
Arrival by train
Arriving at the main train station (Hannover Hbf or “Hauptbahnhof”), take the tram/subway to get to the conference venue. A map of Hannover’s tram/subway system is available here. From “Hauptbahnhof” take lines 1, 2, 3, 7 or 9 to “Kröpcke” station (1 stop). The subway station is towards the rear exit of the train station. Note that you can also walk to “Kröpcke” station in only a few minutes: take the front exit of the train station and walk straight ahead along or through the lowered shopping area. From “Kröpcke” station, take lines 4 (direction: Garbsen) or 5 (direction: Stöcken) and get off at “Königsworther Platz” station. You’ll need about 15-20 min to get to the conference venue.
Note: the selection of hotels listed here is intended for your information only, not as a recommendation on the part of the conference organizers. Two hotels on the list have special rates for conference participants.
Hotels within less than 10 min walking distance from the conference venue:
- Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte, Postkamp 10
- Hotel Savoy, Schlosswender Str. 10 (this hotel has a special rate for conference participants at 78 EUR incl. breakfast, please book directly with the hotel, using the keyword “GWP Konferenz”)
- Hotel at Hannover, Lange Laube 20
- VEK Business Hotel, Nikolaistr. 12
Hotels near Hannover main train station (front exit), city center side:
- Grand Palace Hotel Hannover, Lavesstr. 77 (this hotel has a special rate for conference participants at 80 EUR incl. breakfast, please book directly with the hotel, mentioning your participation in the conference.)
- CityHotel am Thielenplatz, Thielenplatz 2
- InterCity Hotel, Rosenstr. 1
- Loccumer Hof, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 14-16